Last Updated: October 18th, 2016
These SendBeatsTo Service Terms (these “Terms”) explain the relationship between SendBeatsTo (“we” or “us”) and you when you (i) access and use sendbeatsto.com and its related domains (together, the “Site”) and/or (ii) download, use and in some cases purchase SendBeatsTo services offered through the Site (the “SendBeatsTo Services”).
These Terms govern visitors’ access to and use of the public areas of the Site, as well as access to and use of the SendBeatsTo Services. Unless otherwise indicated, “SendBeatsTo Services” as used throughout these Terms includes the public areas and the SendBeatsTo Services. For the purposes of these Terms, “you” or “your” refers to you as a visitor to or registered user of the SendBeatsTo Services.
IF YOU ARE USING THE SENDBEATSTO SERVICES ON BEHALF OF YOUR EMPLOYER, YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS IS DEEMED AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOUR EMPLOYER AND SENDBEATSTO AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE AUTHORITY TO BIND YOUR EMPLOYER TO THESE TERMS.
1. License Grant. The SendBeatsTo Services are owned by SendBeatsTo and are licensed, not sold, to you. SendBeatsTo grants to you a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited license (without the right to sublicense) to access and use the Site and to access, download and use the SendBeatsTo Services subject to the limitations set forth in these Terms, any relevant purchase order or ordering document related to the SendBeatsTo Services (“Order Form”) and any and all other terms and policies set forth in the SendBeatsTo Services. You acknowledge that the source code for the SendBeatsTo Services and other trade secrets embodied in the SendBeatsTo Services have not been and will not be licensed or otherwise disclosed to you. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by SendBeatsTo.
2. Use of SendBeatsTo Services.
2.1. Registration: Unless you are visiting only the public areas of the Site, you are required to register and create an account to use the SendBeatsTo Services (“Account”). You agree that you will maintain and update your registration and account information to ensure it is current, complete and accurate and that we have the right to terminate your Account and use of the SendBeatsTo Service if you provide untrue, incomplete or inaccurate information.
2.2. Your Responsibilities: You are responsible for providing the equipment and services that you need to access, download and use the SendBeatsTo Services. SendBeatsTo does not guarantee that the SendBeatsTo Services are accessible on any particular equipment or device or with any particular software or service plan.
You are responsible for all activities that occur through your Account, whether or not authorized by you. Please do not share your Account with any other person.
You will use the SendBeatsTo Services only for your internal business purposes and in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. You are responsible for all of your activities that occur within, through or as a result of your use of the SendBeatsTo Services. You agree that you will not use the SendBeatsTo Services for unlawful purposes or to engage in any illegal, offensive, indecent or objectionable conduct, including violation of any third party privacy or other rights. You agree that you will not use the SendBeatsTo Services if you are under the age of majority in your place of residence or otherwise not fully able and competent to agree to these Terms.
If you use the SendBeatsTo Services on your mobile device, you are solely responsible for all message and data fees charged by your wireless service provider. Please contact your mobile service provider for pricing plans and details. SendBeatsTo is not liable for any delays, interruptions or other transmission errors related to your device, service or wireless service provider.
Except as specifically permitted in these Terms or expressly authorized in writing by SendBeatsTo, you agree that you will not directly or indirectly: (a) distribute, sell, assign, encumber, transfer, rent, lease, sublicense, modify or time-share the SendBeatsTo Services; (b) use any of the SendBeatsTo Services in any service bureau arrangement; (c) reproduce, adapt, create derivative works of, translate, localize, port or otherwise modify any of the SendBeatsTo Services; or (d) permit any third party to engage in any of the acts described in clauses (a) through (c).
You are not permitted to: (w) remove or alter any copyright or other proprietary rights’ notice or restrictive rights legend contained or included in any of the SendBeatsTo Services; (x) decompile, disassemble, reverse compile, reverse assemble, reverse translate or otherwise reverse engineer any of the SendBeatsTo Services; (y) use any means to discover the source code of the SendBeatsTo Services or to discover the trade secrets in the SendBeatsTo Services; or (z) otherwise circumvent any functionality that controls access to or otherwise protects the SendBeatsTo Services.
You are responsible for complying with all laws, rules and regulations (including those relating to internet, data and email privacy) that apply to your use of the SendBeatsTo Services.
2.3. Our Responsibilities: SendBeatsTo is responsible for providing the SendBeatsTo Services in accordance with these Terms and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We will maintain commercially reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards intended to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of information that you provide to or through the SendBeatsTo Services (including Your Content as defined in Section 3 below).
SendBeatsTo reserves the right but is not obligated to improve, enhance or modify the SendBeatsTo Services. We will notify you in advance of changes to the SendBeatsTo Services that may significantly adversely affect the manner in which you use the SendBeatsTo Services or the manner in which the SendBeatsTo Services perform.
SendBeatsTo is not responsible for the content of Other Services or for losses, liabilities, actual or pending claims, actions, damages, expenses, costs of defence and reasonable attorneys’ fees (“Claims”) arising from your use of content, information, web sites, Software, services and other materials of third parties with which you may interact when you use the SendBeatsTo Services (collectively, “Other Services”). YOU ACCESS OTHER SERVICES ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLYING WITH TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF OTHER SERVICES.
2.4. Availability: We use commercially reasonable efforts to make the SendBeatsTo Services available to you 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week, excluding scheduled maintenance time, unavailability caused by you or any software, hardware or service not provided by us, unscheduled downtime and/or any cause beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation nature disasters, wars, terrorist act, civil disturbances, acts of any government or agency thereof, strikes or other labour problems, Internet service or other third party service providers’ failures or delays and systemic electrical, telecommunications or other utility outages or failures).
2.5. Limitations: SendBeatsTo Services are subject to other limitations, such as limits on the amount of files stored, as specified within the SendBeatsTo Services or the applicable Order Form(s).
3. Your Content. The SendBeatsTo Services allow you to upload, transmit and use information and other content to and through the SendBeatsTo Services (collectively, “Your Content”). You are solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, legality and means by which you acquired Your Content. You understand that SendBeatsTo will use Your Content to provide the SendBeatsTo Services to you. You have or will obtain all rights necessary to provide Your Content to SendBeatsTo and you hereby grant SendBeatsTo a worldwide license to use, reproduce, transmit, display and adapt your Content as necessary for SendBeatsTo to provide the SendBeatsTo Services to you in accordance with these Terms.
We encourage you to carefully consider disclosure of any information that might be accessible to others. You are fully responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the SendBeatsTo Services.
4. Paid SendBeatsTo Service. SendBeatsTo offers enhanced SendBeatsTo Services for a fee (“Paid SendBeatsTo Service). The Paid SendBeatsTo Service provides you with unlimited number of files, file storage and email tracking for a monthly fee at the then-current rates as described at https://sendbeatsto.com/sign-up?type=producer (“Fee Schedule”). SendBeatsTo reserves the right to change the Fee Schedule upon thirty (30) days advanced notice to paying customers.
SendBeatsTo does not store, process or transmit any of your credit card data but relies entirely on Stripe, Inc. to handle these functions. Payments due for the Paid SendBeatsTo Services are subject to the terms of the online order process at https://stripe.com/gb/terms. If you do not agree to Stripe’s terms, then please do not sign up for the Paid SendBeatsTo Service using Stripe. Alternatively, payments due for the Paid SendBeatsTo Services can be made via PayPal, subject to the terms at https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full. If you do not agree to PayPal’s terms, then please do not sign up for the Paid SendBeatsTo Service using PayPal.
Your Paid SendBeatsTo Service will not be activated until your first payment is received. Payments are due in accordance with the Fee Schedule every thirty (30) days in advance. Monthly/Annual fees are automatically charged to the credit card that you provided when you registered for the Paid SendBeatsTo Service. To cancel the Paid SendBeatsTo Service, visit your Dashboard page and click the 'Manage Subscription' link. We begin to process cancellation requests immediately, but your credit card provider or PayPal may require several days to process your cancellation request. We are not responsible for delays caused by your credit card company or PayPal.
If payment in full of any amount owed to SendBeatsTo under these Terms is not received by SendBeatsTo within thirty (30) days after such payment has become due Your Content will be removed and Account terminated.
4.1. Refund Policy: We provide a full (thirty) 30 day money back guarantee from the date of initial payment. Recurring payments won't be refunded, your account will remain active until the end of the paid period.
5. Warranties. We warrant that we have validly entered into these Terms and have the legal power to do so. You warrant that (i) you have validly entered into these Terms and have the legal power to do so and (ii) you have all necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use Your Content with the SendBeatsTo Services.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED ABOVE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SENDBEATSTO SERVICES ARE SUPPLIED TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND THAT USE OF THE SENDBEATSTO SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SENDBEATSTO HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SENDBEATSTO SERVICES AND THE USE, PERFORMANCE, OPERATION AND SUPPORT THEREOF, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, INTERFERENCE WITH ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, INTEGRATION, FREEDOM FROM DEFECTS OR DISABLING DEVICES, UNINTERRUPTED USE AND ALL WARRANTIES IMPLIED FROM ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SENDBEATSTO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (A) THE SENDBEATSTO SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (B) OPERATION OF THE SENDBEATSTO SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR VIRUS- OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THAT THE SENDBEATSTO SERVICES WILL OPERATE OR BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER APPLICATIONS OR ANY PARTICULAR SYSTEMS OR DEVICES, (D) DEFECTS IN THE SENDBEATSTO SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED OR (E) THAT ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN ADVICE PROVIDED BY SENDBEATSTO OR ITS AUTHORIZED AGENTS WILL NOT BE DEEMED TO CREATE ANY WARRANTY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Limitation of Liability. SENDBEATSTO’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ANY SINGLE INCIDENT ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE DELIVERY, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SENDBEATSTO SERVICES OR THESE TERMS (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY) WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU HEREUNDER IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE INCIDENT; PROVIDED THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL SENDBEATSTO’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS (WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY) EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU HEREUNDER. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION WILL NOT LIMIT YOUR PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS.
IN NO EVENT WILL SENDBEATSTO BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION), HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER UNDER THESE TERMS OR OTHERWISE ARISING IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SENDBEATSTO SERVICES OR THESE TERMS AND WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) EVEN IF SENDBEATSTO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree that the above limitations of liability, together with the other provisions in these Terms that limit liability, are essential terms of these Terms and that SendBeatsTo would not be willing to grant you the rights set forth in these Terms but for your agreement to these limitations of liability.
7. Ownership. The SendBeatsTo Services, including the "look and feel" (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos), content and other material, are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. You acknowledge and agree that SendBeatsTo owns all right, title and interest in and to the SendBeatsTo Services (including without limitation any and all patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, show-how, know-how and any and all other intellectual property rights therein or related thereto) and you agree not to take any action(s) inconsistent with such ownership interests. You do not acquire any rights or licenses under any of SendBeatsTo’s copyrights, patents, patent applications, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks or other intellectual property rights on account of these Terms. Any and all (a) suggestions for correction, change and modification to the SendBeatsTo Services, evaluation data, evaluations and other feedback (including but not limited to quotations of written or oral feedback, information and reports provided to SendBeatsTo by you (collectively, “Feedback”)), and all (b) improvements, updates, modifications or enhancements, whether made, created or developed by SendBeatsTo or otherwise relating to the SendBeatsTo Services (collectively, “Revisions”), are and will remain the property of SendBeatsTo. You acknowledge and expressly agree that any contribution of Feedback or Revisions does not and will not give or grant you any right, title or interest in the SendBeatsTo Services or in any such Feedback or Revisions. All Feedback and Revisions become the sole and exclusive property of SendBeatsTo and SendBeatsTo may use and disclose Feedback and Revisions in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever without further notice or compensation to you and without retention by you of any proprietary or other right or claim. You hereby assign to SendBeatsTo any and all right, title and interest (including, but not limited to, any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, show-how, know-how, moral rights, and any and all other intellectual property rights) that you may have in and to any and all Feedback and Revisions. Upon request by SendBeatsTo, you will execute any document, registration or filing required to give effect to the foregoing assignment.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and defend SendBeatsTo and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all Claims brought against SendBeatsTo by any third party arising from your use of the SendBeatsTo Services or any violation of these Terms, the rights of a third party or applicable law. Your indemnification obligations set forth in this Section 8 apply to any applicable actions taken under your Account. SendBeatsTo reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification hereunder. In any event, no settlement that affects the rights or obligations of SendBeatsTo may be made without SendBeatsTo’s prior written approval.
9. Modifications to Terms. We may modify these Terms at any time. Modifications become effective immediately upon your first access to or use of the SendBeatsTo Services after the “Last Updated” date at the top of this page. Your continued access or use of the SendBeatsTo Services after the modifications become effective is deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Terms.
10. Termination. These Terms will automatically terminate when you fail to comply with any term or condition of these Terms. Upon termination, you will cease all use of the SendBeatsTo Services and will destroy any copy (full or partial) of any and all parts of the SendBeatsTo Services in your possession or control. Termination will not limit any of SendBeatsTo’s other rights or remedies at law or in equity. This Section 11 along with Sections 6, 7, 8 and 13 will survive any termination or expiration of these Terms.
11. Taxes. You are solely responsible for any and all duties, taxes, levies or fees (including any sales, use or withholding taxes) imposed on or in connection with these Terms or the SendBeatsTo Services by any authority.
12. Remedies. You agree that a breach or a threatened breach of these Terms will cause injury to SendBeatsTo for which money damages will not provide an adequate remedy and SendBeatsTo will be entitled to seek equitable relief in addition to any remedies it may have hereunder or at law without a bond, other security or proof of damages.
13. Notice to California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California residents are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information:
The provider of the website is:SendBeatsTo
To file a complaint regarding the website or to receive further information regarding use of the website, send a letter to the above address or contact SendBeatsTo via e-mail (with “California Resident Request” as the Subject Line). You may also contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at 916.445.1254 or 800.952.5210.